The FusionSolar app is the app used along with a Huawei inverter. In this app overview, we'll be walking through the 2 main tabs of the FusionSolar app:
Within the Home tab, users can view the:
System Flow Diagram:
It's important to note the following regarding the above diagram:
- This is NOT live data. It is a snapshot taken at a particular instant in time, which is reloaded approximately every 5 minutes.
Let's break down the 5 icons displayed in the diagram above:
- This icon represents the solar panels.
- In the above example, the panels are producing 1.22kW.
- This icon represents a battery or multiple batteries.
- If you do not have a battery, this icon will be greyed out.
- In the above example, the battery is at 80%.
- In the above example, the battery is discharging 0.95kW.
- In the diagram, if the energy is flowing towards the battery, it is charging, and the number above the battery represents the charge rate.
- In the diagram, if the energy is flowing away from the battery, it is discharging, and the number above the battery represents the discharge rate.
- You can tap on the battery icon to view further information on your battery(s).
- The icon above represents the grid.
- In the diagram, if the energy is flowing towards the grid icon, your system is exporting electricity.
- In the diagram, if the energy is flowing away from the grid icon, your system is importing electricity.
- In the above example, 0.00 kW of electricity is being used from the grid.
- This icon represents your property consumption.
- In the above example, the property is consuming 0.26 kW.
- This icon represents your inverter.
Click on the PV icon to view your PV Statistics:
This will bring you to the following page:
Through the Energy Management tab, users can select day, month, year, or lifetime data for their solar PV system. In the above example, data is returned for the date '14/07/2023'.
- Solar panel production
- In the above example, the production is 2.87 kWh on 14/07/2023.
- Amount of PV electricity consumed by loads and charged into energy battery(s).
Fed to grid
- Amount of PV electricity fed into the grid.
- Home electricity consumption.
- In the above example, the consumption is 6.81 kWh on 14/07/2023.
- Amount of consumed electricity provided by PV, including the surplus PV power stored in battery(s).
- Amount of consumed electricity provided by the grid.
- The horizontal line (x-axis) of the above graph represents the hours of the day.
- The vertical line (y-axis) of the above graph represents kW.
- Each electricity source is represented by a different colour on the graph. For example, consumption is represented by the colour blue.
- You can tap on the different electricity sources to add or remove them from the graph.
- You can scroll your finger across the graph to pinpoint data at a particular point in time.
- You can tap the 'Full screen' button in the top right-hand corner to expand the graph.
- This tab contains information on some of your Solar PV System components. For example, the inverter.
- If you tap on these devices, you can view more technical information about them and make some system modifications.
- Only the dongle and inverter devices will be listed on the main screen. To view your other devices, you need to select the link 'Connected devices'. Here, you can see devices such as the battery, meter and optimizer(s).
- You can manage the inverter operation mode from this page. For more information on this, see: Huawei/Battery - How can I configure specific battery charging and discharging periods? – SolarShare (zendesk.com)