If you have changed your Internet Service Provider, network password, or even updated your network name, this can disconnect you from the Gateway. Let's walk through the steps to re-establish the network connection using the Enphase App, which will require you to use a device such as a tablet, or a smartphone that is already connected to your home's Wi-Fi. You will also need the password for your home's Wi-Fi connection.
Follow these steps to get your Gateway back online:
1. Open the Enphase App on your iOS or Android mobile device and tap on the ‘Menu’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. and tap on the bell icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Click the link on the 'Gateway Not Reporting' notice.
4. Bring your phone into the WiFi range of Gateway and follow the steps mentioned on the ‘Reconnect to Gateway’ page in the Enphase App. For your reference, the steps to follow have also been elaborated below:
Step 4a: Press the AP mode button:
Do not hold, but just briefly press and release the Gateway menu button. This will enable AP mode (access point mode) on your Gateway which creates a wireless network you can join with your smartphone.
Note that if you see a solid green LED next to the Cell phone icon, it means, AP mode is successfully enabled, you may proceed to the next step.
If the AP mode LED next to the cell phone icon flashes green, it means WPS pairing has been initiated, which we do not want at this time. Please wait for the WPS pairing to timeout in two minutes and then repeat step 1
Step 4b: Turn off mobile data:
Navigate to your phone settings without closing the Enphase App. Turn off the mobile data (cellular data) from your mobile device settings. Go to Settings > Mobile Data and switch it off.
Step 4c: Join Gateway‘s network:
Join the Gateway’s network using your phone's Wi-Fi settings. Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings and look for the Gateway’s wireless network. The network name will include the last six digits of your Gateway’s serial number. In this case: Envoy_029655 is the name of the network.
Step 4d: Connect Gateway to home Wi-Fi:
After you have joined the Gateway’s network, return to the Enphase App’s “Reconnect to Gateway” screen. Scroll down to see the "Configure home Wi-Fi" option and tap on it.
Note that the “Configure Home Wi-Fi" box may appear grey initially, wait for few seconds and when it turns blue, tap on it.
5. On the pop-up that appears, select your home network from the list of available networks.
6. Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap on Connect
7. It may take a few minutes to establish the connection between the Gateway and the Home Wi-Fi.
8. Once the connection is established you will see a message “Gateway is connected to Wi-Fi successfully”. You may now connect your mobile device to your Wi-Fi or enable your mobile data.
9. Tap on “OK, got it”. Your Gateway has been successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network. You may still see “Gateway is Not Reporting” status under Notices, please note it may take up to 30 mins for the status to get updated.
Check if the connection was successful
Once the connection is established, check the LED indicator next to the cloud icon on your Gateway. If the LED lights up solid green, you're back online. Congratulations!
|Envoy S/IQ Gateway||IQ Combiner|
Your system now needs to re-sync, which can take anywhere from an hour to a few days depending on how long your system was offline.